Tidy guest room? Check! Clean sheets on the bed? Check! Towels in the bathroom? Check! What about breakfast? Don’t worry, we’ve got the morning meal covered. Our Cheesy Egg Roll and Tater Tot Breakfast Bake is the ultimate recipe for busy hosts. It’s an easy, tasty, and a unique conversation starter casserole that you can make ahead of time!
Have you ever had egg rolls for breakfast? Egg Rolls for breakfast may seem peculiar but if you try this dish, you’ll understand why it makes perfect sense. Van’s Kitchen Egg Rolls add an extra flavor umph! They’re also a great way to add veggies, particularly freshly chopped carrots, onions, celery and cabbage to casseroles. Your guests are sure to appreciate this uncommon breakfast bake and the extra veggie boost.
For the sake of simplicity, our Cheesy Egg Roll & Tater Tot Breakfast Bake calls for very few ingredients and they’re budget friendly. You will need a package of Van’s Kitchen Egg Rolls, a bag of frozen tater tots, a pound of ground sausage, eggs, grated cheddar cheese, and milk.
To cook, simply brown a pound of ground sausage and drain. Mix the sausage with the tater tots and cheese. Next, pour a mixture of eggs and milk on top. Bake for 30 minutes. If you’re making the breakfast bake ahead of time, put it in the fridge and finish the rest of the instructions the morning of.
To continue cooking, first you will slice Van’s Kitchen Egg Rolls top the casserole. Add more cheese and bake for 20 minutes. Your guests will awaken to the aroma of warm, cheesy potato goodness!
You’ll definitely want to try this Cheesy Egg Roll & Tater Tot Breakfast Bake. We have a hunch that your weekend guests will ask for it again and again. Happy hosting!
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- Frozen Tater Tots (32 oz.)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 package Van's Kitchen Pork Egg Rolls, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. Drain.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the tater tots, sausage and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish or a 13x9 baking pan.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings and pour over the sausage mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with sliced egg rolls and the remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
For more recipes and ideas for easy Asian cuisine, follow Van’s Kitchen on Facebook.