Inspired by Korean Bulgogi, this dish features marinated beef sliced thinly to absorb maximum flavor. Veggie egg rolls add extra crunch for a hearty meal the whole family will love!
Makes 4 servings
Asian BBQ Beef and Egg Roll Stir-Fry
- 1 lb stir-fry beef or thinly sliced steak
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger minced
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups uncooked white or brown rice
- 10 oz sliced white button mushrooms
- 6 oz snow peas
- 1 package Vegetable Egg Rolls (4-5 rolls)
- ¼ cup Asian BBQ Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together soy sauce, garlic, ginger, dark brown sugar, sesame oil and sriracha (if using). Toss the stir-fry beef in the marinade until all the slices are well coated.
- While the beef is marinating, prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Prepare the Asian BBQ Dipping Sauce recipe. Set aside ¼ cup to use for this recipe.
- After the beef has marinated for 30 minutes, add the vegetable oil to a large frying pan or skillet on high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the beef and stir, cooking the beef until it has browned on all sides.
- Using a large slotted spoon, remove the beef from the pan and set aside on a large plate while leaving the remaining marinade to continue cooking in the frying pan. Add the mushrooms to the pan and stir well.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, prepare the Vegetable Egg Rolls according to package instructions. Slice each roll into 4 pieces.
- When the mushrooms begin to brown, add the green onions and the snow peas and stir well. Once the snow peas have turned bright green and tender-crisp, remove the pan from the heat. Return the beef to the pan and mix with the vegetables.
- Serve the stir-fry with the rice and the sliced Vegetable Egg Rolls. Drizzle the Asian BBQ Dipping Sauce over top and garnish with chopped cilantro (if using).